This is a question that when I took a step back and asked myself changed the direction of my business.
Let’s put the question another way….
Are they joining your business OR are they joining you?
What you may have been taught is that people will join you business for these reasons
- Extra income
- Time freedom
- Work from home
- Financial freedom
- Child’s education
- Helping others
- Produce benefits
People can join for these reasons but ultimately they’re looking for someone to solve their problems. A good thing is that prospects on the internet typically have some prior knowledge/experience in the industry- these are the easiest leads, as they have been in or are currently in at least one program and they are already presold on the idea of network marketing. now all they need is for someone (you) to solve their problems whilst offering value.
The critical factor is that these people are struggling on the internet. So here goes agin…why would someone join YOU?
- Relateability/connection – They like you. The internet is a great place to make connections because of facebook etc. If your prospects like you they will want to do business with you.
- Trust – Many people have been scammed on the internet so people are weary these days of joining a business online.
- Respect/Leadersip – They are looking for a leader. You need to become a leader, but that doesn’t mean that you need to become the pinnacle of leadership before you can sponsor anyone. However, you have to develop yourself as a leader as when you do grow a team, you’ll have to lead them. Start envisioning yourself as a leader as that’s the diection you want to be going in!
- Support/Training –Can you provide them with training or even point them In right direction?
This is where attraction marketing comes in to play….you need to get invited by your prospect (permission marketing).
You can start by offering them something they need, offer them value FIRST. Most people go around pitching their opportunity when nobody actually likes to be sold to. Please keep this in mind…the more focus you put on providing value, the more money you will make …period.
Share some resources/solutions to build trust (are you getting emails from people that are sketchy about you or are you getting responses from people saying “thanks” for the information). You can do this via follow-up autoresponders, social networking sites, or your personal blog. This is a crucial step as people want to know you as a person, they don’t really care about what mlm company you’re with, they want to relate to you. When people opt-in to your list, go and find them on facebook etc and invite them into your world. If you go that little extra you will stand out from the crowd and make your prospect feel special at the same time!
3 Steps to Prospect Success
1) Know your prospect –Use the phone, twitter, facebook, skype, IM – the more you know about your prospect the more ammunition you have as you know their hot buttons.
These are some non-intrusive questions you can ask
“what do you do for a living”? – Listen to what they have to say and don’t generalise or assume they need what you have to offer.
“How long have you beenin network marketing”?
“What’s you’re experience”?
“How many years have you been involved with network marketing”?
“What companies have you been with”? (you can talk on the same level as you may have been in the same companies)
“What successes have you had”?
“What have you been doing for marketing”?
“What is it about my website that interested you”? HOT BUTTON QUESTION
“What’s you’re biggest challenge”?
The idea here is to let your prospect do all the talking.
2) Tell your story and find out how you can help your prospect.
What’s your story?- Tell them your short story
What’s your success? -Describe all the successes you’ve had.
KEEP IT SHORT as your prospect should do most of the talking.
What do you offer? How can you help? You need to offer a solution to their problems.
3) Tell your prospect what to do next
Give clear instructions of what you expect, how you operate and tell them what you need them to do next.
Here’s a sample script:
Ok so (name) this is how I work. It sounds like there might be a potential for us to work together here. I would be interested to coach you and help you achieve the success you want in your business. But I’ll be honest with you…I don’t work with everybody. It’s very important for me to make sure that I only partner with people who will be as committed to their success as much as I am.
So (name) this is what I need you to do….
Complete your (application/membership) to (company name). I need you to sign up tonight and take the test drive and see if this is a good fit for you. I’m gonna call you back in three days and make sure you’ve completed these tasks then we can move forward. If I don’t hear from you then I’ll assume you’re not interested and cross you off my list.
If your offer fills the criteria, they will call back in48hrs as they’ll feel that they are missing out on something!
No related posts.